Tuesday, June 11, 2002

Crap day at work, started one thing, had one server go tits up with a failed power supply and on just ASR for what I can see is not reason. Started work on new functionality on a site I haven;t worked on before and instead found an error that I can't get to the bottom of and a small error in another site I had been working on.
Just finished watching the BBC 1 Ten O'Clock news, the Americans have someone in custody for thinking about building a �dirty bomb�. This is where you blow up a normal bomb with a load of radioactive material, so you just get the fallout not the big nuke explosion. All I see is a government that has found a scapegoat for the pressure it is currently feeling. The man they currently have is an ex-gang member, and he can get hold of nuclear waste or whatever nuclear crap he wishes to use in the bomb, the explosives for the normal bit of the bomb, then get it to Washington and set it off. I dunno it seems like a Government trying to build fortress America, which in turn alienates its citizens against others and get out of a tight spot in the press.

No comments: