Thursday, April 08, 2004

Geek Stuff, I'm currently looking at Intellij 4 and Eclipse 3 M8. Both seem a bit unstable with standard memory, eclipse seems to have sorted itself out with an increase in max heap size, and I think this will sort Intellij as well. I've always been in the eclipse camp but now I have the chance to choose. I'm unimpressed with the cvs integration in Intellij is pants and the new cvs integration in version of 3 of eclipse is wonderful it backgrounds itself while doing large jobs so you can get on with whatever.
On the down side eclipse wont compile code whose package structure doesn't match the directory stucture. Now while this sounds good in theory I'm working with god knows how many other develops scattered all over the place who all do things a little differently soooooooooo it would be nice for the #@$%#@$% code to compile - its also no part of the Java Spec, so why not just make it an option Eclipse dudes. *Cough* if anyone does know how to make this work under eclipse please tell me.

No comments: